martes, 21 de abril de 2020

ALICIA'S PLE

Good afternoon! I'm Alicia and today I'm here to introduce part of my Personal Learning Environment, as I'm sure I'll be missing some essential points.

Everyone's PLE is formed out of all the resources we frequently use to learn so it can easily be stated that we're learning all the time and throughout all of our lives with everything we do, so even though I won't be including all the specifics of let's say, all the conversations I participate in every day and which I definitely learn from, apps that facilitate these exchanges of information are definitely important to our learning process, even though some people barely take this into account, as sometimes they are not surrounding a typical "traditionally-academic-subjet-matter", yet I consider them to be valid and useful, as long as they are reliable. After all, weren't families the first sources of information? Therefore, it's only natural for us to keep learning a lot through our interactions with everyone else, while we're going beyond books and researches. Still, it is impossible not to be oblivious to some of these.

However, as this task shall be focused on my own Personal Learning Environment, I consider the following to be the sources I use the most in order to expand my whole learning experience. These are mostly ICT-related, so I've marked with an asterisk the ones that actually aren't:


Now, I'll be explaining briefly why I've chosen them:

1. Acceding to the information/Collecting/Gathering:
- YouTube: out of all the sources of information I frequently check, YouTube would certainly be among the top three. It's an amazing platform where many content creators upload their creations and it's possible to come across lots of topics of great relevance, and I strongly believed I've learned a lot thanks to this platform.
- News: when it comes to daily knowledge, I mostly obtained it from the news.
- Twitter: out of all the social networking sites, Twitter is the one I use the most when it comes to learning about what's going on around the world.
- LMS: this includes all the resources we're given to work on certain tasks or to reach a further understanding of the subjects. Sometimes, our teachers recommend interesting sources of information to us through this platform.
- Spread the sign: as a student of LSE, I frequently use this app if I want to learn how to sign a word I'm unfamiliar with.
-Wikipedia: although everyone can edit the information that is posted on Wikipedia, I normally check the information there along with other different webpages so I can compare the data.
- Google: is the searching engine I use every day.
- Lessons/Books: they're the only non-ICT-related sources of information I use the most, although now that I think about it, our lessons usually include the use of technology. However, I still enjoy looking for information in a more "traditional" way when I have the chance of doing so, grabbing an encyclopedia or any book that can be useful.

2. Doing/Reflecting:
- Google Drive (Word + PowerPoint): so far, Google Drive is the platform I use the most when writing an essay or a project, and it's extremely useful for group works too, as several people can write on the same document at the same time.
- Blogger: although we mostly use it to share our tasks, I write them directly here, so as the process is made on this platform, I've chosen to add it here as well.
- Notebook: once again, I'm still fond of some traditional working techniques, such as taking notes on my notebooks, writing some drabbles...

3. Sharing my Personal learning Network:
- Padlet: throughout this year I've used this platform a lot to put together schemas of a specific topic together and then share it. For instance, this is the last one I made.
- Amino: sadly, this app is not that well-known, but I use it from time to time and it could certainly be great to be involved in groups of people who share the same interests. Basically, you can either create a community regarding a specific topic for people to join or join other communities. It's great, honestly.
- Twitter/Instagram: these are the social networks I normally use when I want to share something.
- WhatsApp/Interacting with people:: as I've previously stated, I believe that we learn a lot by interacting with others, and this can either be done by messaging sites or apps, or face-to-face.
- Discord: I use this platform a lot to communicate with my friends and share information.
- Blogger: mainly to share the conclusions we get from our ICT tasks.
- Zoom: now that we're facing this situation, online lessons have become a reality and these are mostly done on Zoom, so I definitely use it a lot. Regarding the sharing aspect that there's to it, it's due to the presentations we still do.

Thank you so much for reading, see you in our next entry!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario